Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pinhole Photography

Well today we tried our hand at pinhole photography. I've done this numerous times with high school students but never with kids this age. We managed to round up the chemicals at a photography store in a nearby city. I think they were quite amused by us. Pinhole cameras are great if they work out the first time, but if not, it can be quite frustrating getting them to be light tight. Luckily they were all light tight because I've done this so many times before. We had to have some patience getting our exposure just right. It's definitely a project that requires patience during a lot of trial and error. Now that I have the chemicals we'll probably experiment some more with some neat tricks and then we'll make our negatives into positives. I was going to try this project with a larger group but we'll have to see.





No comments: