Sorry folks for the late posting. I completely forgot. It will be a quick one.
1) Played a quick game of Duple. We simplified the game but kept the idea the same. Turn over two cards, and the first person to come up with a 5-letter minimum word, wins the cards. It's a fast paced game but good for vocab and spelling practice.
2) Homonym practice
3) Worked on some stained glass style art. They were focused on this project for at least an hour. Some needed to finish theirs.
4) Lots of fort building time outside! Had to take advantage of the snow and milder temperatures!
5) Divided the kids into two groups.
Group 1: Researched Ontario animals and classified them as carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
Group 2: Gave the kids a lesson on protractors and we practised measuring acute angles and then obtuse angles. No problem!
6) After lunch we looked at the radar map and watched the incoming snow storm. The kids came up with hypotheses as to why the radar map was showing the weather changing from rain to snow in certain areas.
7) BFG reading.
8) More time outside!