Sunday, November 2, 2008

Learning to swing

It never ceases to amaze me how one day a child is just not getting it and then all of sudden they are. Sometimes without even practicing. It's as though a switch is turned on in their body and/or brain! All summer long I've been pushing both kids on the swings until my arms (and my boredom) couldn't take any more. No matter how much teaching I did, it didn't seem to matter. FINALLY one day in September I was busy in the house and I looked out and there was Mason, proud as punch, pumping his legs away on the swing. It kept him busy for quite a while!














Now our little Mickey could not take being left on the sidelines and having to depend on Mommy and Daddy for a push. She didn't complain but a few days later, same situation, I looked out the window and there she was pumping away, going higher than her brother!


No comments: