Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving is my second most favourite holiday of the year. The crispness in the air, the colours, the heat being turned on, preparation of food, decorations, family, hikes in the woods and memories of past celebrations.

My sister and her kids were able to come up for two days and unexpectedly were able to stay at our place. Some family feel a sense of obligation to get together at major holidays. I truly love seeing all of my family and catching up on the latest news. It's nice though to be visited by family who truly wants to be with you and your family. It's comfortable, easy, relaxed and so enjoyable!

We enjoyed a walk at Mountsberg Conservation and another hike today along a nearby trail.




My sister Cynthia, my mom and Mason


My nephew Josh, my niece Laura, and Mickey.



Pies, pies, glorious pies! Mason was in heaven!


Heinrich and Mickey filling out the guest book and writing down what they are thankful to.

No comments: