Monday, May 11, 2009

We made it!

We arrived at Walt Disney World on the Tuesday (before Easter weekend) at 3:00 pm after driving for 24 hours straight. We were exhausted but SO excited. We had dinner at the hotel and then headed for the Magic Kingdom. The photos below are from three different days. This is probably where we spent the most time. I hate to use this word, but it truly is MAGICAL. 

As soon as we entered the park (our first night there) we were greeted with a parade. It seems that there are parades at least three times a day and some other kinds of singing and dancing going on! You just can't help but be deliriously happy here! The kids and Heinrich are looking a little pale and somewhat exhausted here!

We're waiting.....who's coming??
The floats were incredible and dancers engaging. 






The first attraction we went on was Swiss Family Robinson's treehouse. We then stood in line for Pirates of the Caribbean. This line was perhaps 30 minutes long but worth the wait. They do such a magnificent job of keeping their guests entered and using space wisely. You don't feel like you've been standing in line for as long as you have. Fun ride and not at all scary.

The jungle cruise...an oldie but a goodie!
Aladdin's carpet ride. Mason didn't realize that because he was in front that he was responsible for the height controls. I made the mistake of showing him what to do. He freaked and panicked mid air. Not sure what this was all about. This is a kid that goes on big roller coasters. Maybe he doesn't like the spiny things. 
So, I'm going to bare my soul. I hate roller coasters and have only ever been on one once before. It was it high school when some horrible friends (yes Casey I'm talking about you) dragged me on the Ghoster Coaster. I've been scared for life. So as a mom I feel it's necessary to step out of my comfort zone to show the kids that it's good to try new things. This was mine. Goofy's Barnstormer. A roller coaster in Toontown. Mickey and I sat together and holey hell it was awful. The poor child...I squeezed the life out of her. Honestly, I didn't think I'd make it without having a heart attack. I did it, and I'm proud of myself but I probably won't do it again and I think I almost broke Mikhaila's hand during the ride. It was her first coaster and she didn't bat an eye, just complained about Mommy!
This train (below) travels the perimeter of the Magic Kingdom. It's a good way to make your way someplace fast without battling crowds. It's also a good place to go to rest your feet. 
Another parade - mid day.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Mason and Daddy are on this time. Mickey went on with Daddy in the dark. 
Tom Sawyer's Island. We could have spent half the day here. So much to explore. 




Favourite attractions:
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • The Railway
  • Splash Mountain
  • The Race Track
  • Buzz Lightyear's Ride
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Tom Sawyer's Island
  • Best of all - The Haunted House!!


No comments: