Friday, February 27, 2009

A Penpal for Mickey

In one of the blogs I read daily, the writer, a mom, often shows pictures of her twin girls and the activities they do as a family. The twin girls reminded me so much Mickey. I took a chance and emailed the writer to ask if there was any chance of her girls wanting to be penpals with Mickey. She said "yes". I can't tell you how excited I was. Each family has written twice. They live in California and will be homeschooling in the fall. I think that this will be a very meaningful experience for all of us. The kids are learning about another country and a specific region. They're practicing their printing and composing skills. They're practicing patience while waiting for the mail and Mickey is learning about distance and measurement. California is a long way away and she cannot visit them anytime soon! Although I think Heinrich secretly hopes there's a Californian vacation in our future!

In Mickey's recent package from the girls, was a colouring book their mom had designed with a selection of nursery rhymes. She's incredibly talented. Mickey's been working on it over the past few days. 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad she is enjoying the coloring book. I love her bold color choices.
The girls got their birthday cards and necklaces and were SO excited! Thank you so much.
Being penpals with Mickey is the coolest.
Lots of love!